I’ve been wanting to post about this kit for a little while. Today’s post is a pictorial + review of the Must Haves kit from Red Carpet Manicure.
Pros: This kit has absolutely everything a beginner needs to start doing their own gel nails and I found the price quite fair.
Cons: The size is of the Purify & Erase Bottles are smaller than I thought. (I usually never check sizes of products so I quite often end up disappointed).
This kit is perfect if you like me are a beginner in gel manicure. So far, I’m quite satisfied with it, however, I would not buy again.
The reason being is that I would like to buy loose products (as they are larger) and I would like to try different brands as well!!! I also must highlight that even though this kit is quite small, the primer, the nail prep and the base and top coats will last you quite long (Maybe over 8 months)!!
The pictures & instructions below are going to help you (in case you don’t already know how to do your own gel nails). I think once you’ve got the hang of it, becomes much easier to get your nails done by yourself.
This DIY steps can help you can save a lot of money! The more you practice, the easier it gets. So, Far I’m doing pretty well (I think lol) the only difficulty I encountered was the seal the nail properly.
This nail system is pretty similar to the CND Shellac System! (Actually is the very same system but with a different brand).
You can do your own Gel nails with pretty much any gel nail polish, I’ve bought this one because it was pretty cheap and had all the products I would need in one kit.
My nails before & after:
(Sorry, about the different colors in the two pictures above! I didn’t use any editing, but unfortunately Day 1 – Yesterday was sunny and Day 2 – Today is quite cloudy!).
- Alcohol (to remove the stick residues & to shine your nails, after you’ve finished painting them).
- Nail Prep (You prep your nails before starting so the product stays longer).
- Base & Top Coat
- A Gel Polish
- Cuticle Oil (To hydrate your cuticles after getting your nails done).
- UV or LED Lamp ( I got my UV Lamp for £19.99 on Amazon.co.uk but you can use a LED Lamp if you prefer).
- Acetone (To remove your gel polish).
- Sunscreen with high SPF (in case you are going to use a UV Lamp and don’t have the gloves, I would highly advise to apply a good sunscreen on your hands).
I bought the gel color nail polish separately at Beauty Features and paid €12,50.
This color is called: Ooo La Liscius (hahah I love the name). It’s a sort of orange + red mixture! I love this gel polish. The color is really vibrant and gets really strong as you see in the picture if you apply two coats.
- After cleaning and filing your nails, prep your nails and allow a few seconds for the product to sink in.
- Apply the top coat and place your hand under the lamp for 1 min f(or UV Lamp or 30 seconds for LED Lamp).
- Apply the gel color nail polish then place your hand in the lamp for 3 minutes (for UV Lamp or 45 seconds for LED Lamp).
- Apply the top coat for 2 minutes (for UV Lamp or 45 seconds for LED Lamp).
- Apply alcohol or nail finisher on a small piece on cotton wool and gently rub on each nail, removing the residues.
- Enjoy your beautiful nails!!!
It is important to note that you should apply thin layers of each product, this is key for your manicure to last about 2 weeks. When applying the top coat, gently seal each nail.
I hope you guys reading this post as much as I enjoyed creating it!
Please, let me know your thoughts on the Red Carpet Manicure in case you ever tried. If not, tell me what is your favorite gel polish brand?!